Friday, March 19, 2010

A New Song: God Made Me A Helper (To the tune of I Love You A Bushel and A Peck)

God made me
A Helper-to-Be
A Helper-to-Be
For my family
My mom and daddy
and I can start right now
To please the Lord,
He'll give me strength somehow
I'll start now
To please God
Right now
Doodle-oodle-oodle
Doodle-oodle-oodle
A cheerful Helper I will be!

Just a simple little song for the younger girls at our mother-daughter tea. Listen to the original tune here, done by a cute couple of girl friends in nice harmony.

5 comments:

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tania said...

Can the boys sing it too? :D Thanks for more encouragement!!

Arden Sleadd said...

Hi Tania!
Actually, I had intended it specifically for girls because of the Genesis 1 passage that describes Eve as created to be "a suitable helpmeet" to Adam. Thus, we women have a calling as helpers, first to our fathers and then to our husbands. It defines us as women; whereas men are more defined as protectors and leaders and by their various vocations. But really, the song is just as useful to teaching a servant's attitude to boys as well. You go girl! May God give you strength in raising those boys of yours!

Arden Sleadd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tania said...

Thats a great way to introduce a womans roll to young girls. I think more churches need to take serious the Titus command for older women to teach the younger ones. I wish I had that. growing up and now!!