Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm a Teacher Again!

I'm a Teacher Again!


So I only had two students, and I wanted more. They have this homeschool co-op that meets one day a week in a church annex in town, and my grandchildren were involved there (one is left, front row in the picture above). I hesitated to teach there, because I preferred to teach in my own home, and for compensation. But I decided, as they say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." So I  offered a class that my two oldest grandsons could learn in: the Writing Road to Reading curriculum. It turned out to be the most popular class offered, with fifteen students and their mothers filling the room. 

I love teaching! The students are so eager and thriving under this highly-structured approach by Romalda Spalding.  The smiling boy in the front row told his mother it's his favorite class. How gratifying.

I am also teaching a speech class with four students, so I have my hands full. Again. And loving it.

No comments: