Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

I am so thankful for Thanksgiving! This year we are hosting 25 people at our house. I have a new daughter-in-love, Colleen, who is trying to fix the turkey in the midst of morning sickness (pray for her); and my eldest Naomi has taken on the planning of the meal. She has delegated all the yummy food out and there will be plenty! My mouth is watering already.
It is time to count up my many blessings. In spite of a looming economic crisis and Obama presidency, our lives continue much the same, so far. Our needs are well-supplied in abundance. We are paying our mortgage down ahead of schedule, even while increasing medical expenditures and ordering orthodontia for Alexa. The gas prices are back down below $2 a gallon after exceeding $4 just weeks ago. And all my children are in the faith, by all appearances and professions. What more could I ask for?!?
I do pray that America will return to its heritage. That's why I wrote a Pilgrim Trivia quiz to use on our feast day; my children and grandchildren will know the truth of their forefathers and hopefully emulate them. If you would like the file of the quiz, email me for it at cbfm@charter.net.

No comments: